Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review of New Sedona Dehydrator Purchase

This video is our family opening the dehydrator.  We were so excited when we saw the FedEx guy pull up with it.  Kirk ran out to meet him at the truck with the kids and surprised him when he came out of the back with the box.  He said "We have been waiting for you!"  It reminds me of the Mr. Postman song by the Carpenters.  The FedEx man laughed and gave Kirk this monstrous package.  I really had no idea that it was this big.  Its about 2 inches wider than my toaster oven and double the height.  Its bigger than our microwave too and I was expecting smaller because of the videos I've seen.  Because of the size the trays are actually about the size of a typical cookie sheet I use for baking.  That makes it really nice because we can make more with it.  I am now gonna have to pack up my toaster oven though, cause I don't have room for both in my kitchen like I thought I would.  Oh well, this is cooler anyway, right?  :)
Here is the video of me going over the individual parts of the dehydrator and how they work.  I thought it would be useful for anyone thinking about getting the sedona, excalibur or any other food dehydrator on the market for that matter.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm using my Sedona for the first time and the plastic out-gassing is HORRIBLE! I can't imagine that you would find this healthy. How did you get rid of the out-gassing????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't have a bad out-gassing or plastic smell problem with my sedona. I have heard of that happening and seen it happen with lots of other appliances though. With most appliances it seems like the "factory smell" dissipates after the first few uses and then there is less of that "out-gassing" smell. If the smell doesn't go away it may be that you need to contact customer support. I'm sorry that is happening. It would make me concerned about making the dehydrated treats if I couldn't get the plastic smell to go away too.

      Delete